Repair Shop at Miller Marketing
New for 2020 is our Oboe and Bassoon repair shop featuring John Kirkner (oboe) and Mike Millard (bassoon). Both are very experienced players as well as repairpersons with superb training and over 9 years experience each at Taylor Music in West Chester, PA.
Miller Marketing is blessed to be able to offer these gentlemen the opportunity to practice their craft on their chosen instruments. Their addition to our team allows us to offer superior service and repair work for all double reed instruments.
Services we offer:
- Basic Overhaul
- Fix everything that needs fixing, plus general cleaning and lubrication, $440
- Repad Instrument
- Replace all pads, in addition to the Basic Overhaul service, $1000
- Complete Overhaul
- Replace all pads, corks, felts in addition to the Basic / Repad Overhaul service, Starting at, $1500.
- All Other Repairs and Service
- $90 per hour, call OR email for specific details.
- for Oboe – [email protected]
- For Bassoon – [email protected]
About Our Repair Shop Team
Keystone Music Repair
Repair Shop, Keystone Music Repair
John Kirkner studied instrument repair at Minnesota State College-Southeast in Red Wing, MN and has been repairing instruments professionally since 2009. He owns and operates Keystone Music Repair in Pottstown, PA, where he services all types of brass and woodwind instruments with a special focus on double reeds. He is an active member of the National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians, and has presented oboe repair clinics for other technicians at the regional and national levels. He’s also a frequent clinician for music educator in-services and masterclasses for students. When he can find time away from the repair bench, he still occasionally finds opportunities to play oboe recreationally.
- NAPBIRT Member
- Maintaining Your Oboe At Home
- Basic Oboe Repair Masterclass