Moosmann Student Models
3. Oval Whisper Key Pad The oval-shaped key allows the bocal to be positioned over a greater range for better intonation.
4. Brass Tenon Caps on all Joints Brass tenon caps are placed on all of the ends of the bassoon joints. This adds strength to the joints and helps protect them against damage.
5. Lining in Wing and Boot Joints Moosmanns unique lining is inside of the wing and the boot joints. This protects the wood from rot due to poor maintenance techniques.
6. Cork on all Joints Moosmann uses cork on all joints. Cork is easily maintained and is a familiar repair for all technicians, unlike string, which is used by some manufacturers. The use of cork coupled with cylindrical tenon design helps prevent the bassoon from coming apart unexpectedly.
7. Waterproof Pads Moosmann uses Italian soft leather pads and treats them with a special waterproof process. This process creates a better seal at the tone holes, plus greatly extends the life of the pads.
8. Lining of Tone Holes All critical tone holes are lined with either Nickel Silver, Sterling Silver or Rubber, including the C# tone hole. These linings not only protect the bassoon from water damage, but also provide a better seal with the pads.
9. Special Pad Seat on Bb and G Tone Holes of Boot Joint Moosmann has developed a special pad seat on these two tone holes, which are traditionally very difficult to seal. The special seats provide for much better sealing, which will lead to fewer problems over the life of the pad and much easier replacement of the pad.